Anyway this project is really exciting for me, it's something completely different from my last novel and needs a lot more research and imagination. I have two test readers at the moment, having to deal with my very rough work but they have encouraging feedback which I really need.
I realised I was spending too much time worrying about what strangers would think of it and not if I was enjoying it anymore. I write for myself mainly, I can't imagine anyone who is as fond of dark subject matter as me or likes long dialogue with plenty of colourful language.
This time I've also created my own universe, which is something I was never brave enough to do. I think I've always been paranoid I'm not good enough to create every aspect of a characters world right down to their societies common beliefs. I have discovered it's actually quite fun. I mostly enjoy changing common attitudes our society has, to make myself feel better mostly and have my revenge!
Seriously though I'm going to have to improve my self discipline and avoid the Internet unless it's research otherwise I'll end up on Youtube or Facebook procrastinating like I always do when theres something important to be done. Sometimes I have to tell myself multiple times to stop doing something before I actually will stop, it's a serious problem. I need someone to stand over me and give me treats for doing work, life would be so rewarding then.
I'll keep you posted on how things go.
![]() |
| I'm glad someone is excited |
Devon x

No comments:
Post a Comment