It's been a big week for me but I've still managed to do a lot of writing, I even like some of the drafts I've written. Paranoia is starting to loosen on my back, doubt is such an ugly thing. I have sadly been feeling quite ill lately, I'm constantly exhausted and that obviously impacts my writing and attention to grammar, not that grammar is really all that important anymore these days.
I've always debated with myself "Which is more difficult, First Person Narrative or Third Person Narrative?" The only conclusion I've come to is that Second Person Narrative would either read like a letter or a self-help book, the latter being very unfortunate. I usually write in first person but that lacks omniscience, which is a very handy tool but you gain intimacy with the protagonist, perceiving the world as they do. Considering my story I wonder if it would benefit from many different perspectives. For this novel I feel Third Person suits it better but I might change my mind because I'm indecisive like that.
I'm happy with my characters so far though, I usually get rather attached to them and any that I don't get the boot. Harsh but necessary, having characters around that you can't even muster hate for are just dead weight.
![]() |
| Probably what I look like ill. |
Also this week my significant other bought me Mystic River by Dennis Lehane, I'll let you know what I think when I'm done and I'll even watch the film and do some comparing if it isn't too much of an effort for lazy me.
Devon x

You look a lot better than sick Jake there, also we will have to get round to watching Mystic River.........When it arrives in the post x
ReplyDeleteWhy thank you.
Delete